Hostinax Domain Grace, Redemption, and Fine Policy
At Hostinax, we offer domain registration services for various top-level domains (TLDs), including generic TLDs such as .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and more. This policy outlines the grace period, redemption period, fines, and associated timeframes for domains registered through Hostinax using generic TLDs.
Grace Period for Generic TLDs:
For generic TLDs, Hostinax provides a grace period that starts immediately on the expiration date and lasts for 30 days. During this grace period, you can still renew your domain. Please note that if your domain remains expired during the grace period, a one-time fine of $15 will be applied on the expiration date. This fine will remain the same for the entire 30-day grace period.
- You can renew your domain at the standard renewal price.
- Your domain may or may not be disabled during this grace period, depending on the specific TLD.
Fine for Late Renewal (Generic TLDs):
To encourage timely renewal of domain registrations, Hostinax may apply a fine for late renewals. If a domain remains expired beyond the grace period, the fine will remain fixed at $15 for the entire 30-day grace period.
Redemption Period for Generic TLDs:
If your domain is not renewed during the grace period, the following redemption process applies:
- Day 30 - Day 43 (Expired Auction): On Day 30, the Expired Renewal Grace Period ends, and an Expired Auction is initiated. This auction lasts for 10 days, during which interested parties can bid on the domain. The highest bidder is given 3 days to complete their payment.
- Day 44 - Day 74 (Redemption Period): If the domain does not sell at auction or if the highest bidder fails to complete their payment, the domain will be deleted from Hostinax and returned to its respective registry. The domain enters the Redemption Period and can be redeemed by the previous registrant for a fee. The redemption fee for the domain varies depending on the TLD and can range from $150 to $250.
- Day 74 - 79 (Pending Delete): If the previous registrant does not redeem the domain within the Redemption Period, the domain will be labeled as "Pending Delete" on Day 74. During this period, it can no longer be redeemed.
- Day 79+ (Domain Release): After Day 79, the following may occur:
- The domain may be released to the public for anyone to register.
- The registry may re-tier the domain as "Premium," potentially increasing the cost of registering the domain.
To redeem a domain, it must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The domain has been expired for more than 45 days.
- The domain status displayed on the WHOIS is "Redemption Period."
- The domain is not currently in an expired auction.
If you have any questions or need further information regarding our domain grace, redemption, fines, and associated timeframes for generic TLDs, please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hostinax reserves the right to amend or modify this domain grace, redemption, and fine policy at any time. Any changes to this policy will be updated on our website, and the effective date will be revised accordingly.
Thank you for choosing Hostinax for your domain registration needs. We value your business and strive to provide clear and transparent policies for our customers.